International workshop - literary translation
Thursday, 28 May 2009
Books Section of the French Embassy in India is pleased to invite individual translators to participate in an international workshop on literary translation. The selected candidates will be sponsored to attend a weeklong workshop to be held in New Delhi (for Bengali/Hindi/Marathi) and in Mysore (for Kannada/Malayalam/Tamil). After the successful completion of the workshop, the candidates may be provided with professional opportunities and two candidates may also be sent to France for one-year university training in translation.
Deadline of the receipt of the entries: 30 June 2009
For more information & application forms please contact: 011-30410000/
Terms and conditions
1. The candidates will be provided with a round-off trip from their present residential place to the workshop location. The Books Office of the French Embassy reserves the right of choosing the means of transport.
2. The candidate should have proven skills in translation from French into her/his
3. The Candidate should not be more than 35 years old on the 1st of January 2009.
4. The Books Office will not cover any life/hospital/accident insurance.
5. A further set of rules and obligations will be sent to the short listed candidates.
6. The Participants will be selected on the basis of the candidature by a jury.
7. The short listed candidates will be informed by 1 August 2009.