Saturday, 18 May 2013
|India Media Centre - Universtity of Westminster|
|Wednesday, 10 March 2010|
India is home to one of the most diverse and dynamic media systems in the world, and one that is increasingly playing an integral role in the global media sphere. The India Media Centre is the world’s first research and knowledge transfer centre dedicated to the study of that media.
From cutting-edge research to international consultancy and training development, the Centre will provide high-quality services to a wide range of government, industrial, NGO and cultural bodies. It will also raise the academic profile of Indian media, build international links and partnerships, and disseminate information through conferences, events and publications.
Based in the School of Media Arts and Design at the University of Westminster, the Centre is a collaboration between Communication and Media Research Institute (CAMRI) – which received top media research rating in the UK Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008 – and the Centre for Research and Education in Arts and Media (CREAM), ranked as London’s top art and design research department in RAE 2008. The two Directors of the Centre, Professor Daya Thussu and Rosie Thomas, are leading researchers in the fields of international media and Indian film. They work with senior researchers, post-doctoral fellows and PhD students across the university and with research institutions globally.
THE CENTRE AIMS TO:
• promote and develop research and knowledge transfer on Indian media in a global context
• ensure dissemination and impact of research through high-profile international conferences, events, leading publications and policy
• attract high-quality research students who will benefit from a rich research environment
• build collaborative links with international institutions, policy makers, NGOs and creative and cultural industries
• provide a platform for UK-based Indian media, arts and cultural organizations through exhibitions, installations and film screenings
• offer quality services including consultancy and short courses to a range of different groups including government officials, journalists,
media organizations and NGOs.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AT THE INDIA MEDIA CENTRE INCLUDE:
• Indian journalism in a global context
• Indian popular cinema – its history, culture and global circulation
• communication for development
• media as ‘soft power’
• Indian documentary and screen-based art practice.
For more information and how to contact us:
INDIA MEDIA CENTRE
SCHOOL OF MEDIA, ARTS AND DESIGN
UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER
WATFORD ROAD, NORTHWICK PARK, MIDDLESEX HA1 3TP
T: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 x4154
|< Prev||Next >|